Care advice for silver jewelry
We at Jonna Jinton Sweden only use nickel-free 925 sterling silver. Sterling silver oxidizes (darken) over time due to the exposure of different environments. If you take care of your silver jewelry, it will oxidize in a slower pace and keep its luster for a longer period of time.
To prevent both oxidation and abrasion, please follow the advices below:
- When you are not wearing your jewelry, store it in the enclosed box.
- Clean the jewelry with cloth after each use to get rid of grease, salts, makeup etc.
- Don’t wear the jewelry while sleeping, doing the dishes or taking a bath.
- Keep your jewelry away from chemicals, salt- and chlorinated water.
- Clean your jewelry from time to time with silver polish.
Additional cleaning instructions for gemstone jewelry*
- Let soak in warm water with a small amount of dish soap.
- Clean and scrub with a soft brush.
- Rinse in running warm water and dispense with a piece of cloth.
* This does not apply to the Selenite crystal. It's classed as a soft mineral and should be kept dry.